My client is an international award-winning consultancy organisation based in London. They are currently looking for a Group Tax Compliance and Reporting Manager who will play a key role in supporting the group tax function, reporting to the Group Head of Tax.
The individual will assume responsibility for the group tax accounting and reporting and will lead several other key work streams of the tax function including automation of the tax provisioning process and preparation for BEPS 2.0 Pillar 2. They will also play a leading role in the group audit review of tax with external auditors, be a key part of the HMRC-facing team and provide UK corporation tax support for transactions and structuring initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the planning, co-ordination and delivery of UK corporate tax compliance (tax computations, returns and filings, quarterly tax payments, and responses to HMRC enquiries) with support from the UK Corporate Tax Manager
- Oversee the preparation and filing of the annual Country by Country Report.
- Support Group Head of Tax in managing the relationship with HMRC
- Coordinate the corporate tax processes and control environment to support compliance with the Senior Accounting Officer provisions for all of the group’s UK companies within scope.
- Lead the delivery of quarterly and full year Group consolidated tax reporting as well as the annual tax reporting for UK standalone financial statements. Support non-UK teams in delivering their reporting obligations to Group Tax
- Maintain the group tax risk register and liaise with Group Head of Tax and regional tax managers to agree impact and likelihood of assessments.
- Manage tax audit review processes with external group auditors
- Lead tax accounting aspects of current and future accounting changes relevant to the group.
- Work with the UK Corporate Tax Manager to maintain the Group Tax cash tax forecast and provide quarterly updates to Head of Treasury and Group Head of Tax.
- Provide UK corporation tax support for transactions and structuring initiatives.
- Lead the group’s preparation for the implementation of BEPS 2.0 Pillar 2, liaising with regional tax teams and external advisers, and keep abreast of other global tax initiatives relevant to the group.
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the group’s tax processes and lead future tax technology projects related to tax accounting, reporting and tax compliance
- Management of UK Corporate Tax manager
- ACA and CTA qualified
- Strong background in UK GAAP or IFRS tax accounting and reporting and in leading compliance processes within a multinational context
- Experience with implementing tax accounting or tax compliance technology solutions
- Strong leadership, project management, organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and open-minded personality and “Hands-on” work mentality
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.