“Only Accountants can save the world through peace, goodwill and reconciliations.”
We’re delighted to be working with a property development organisation to recruit a qualified Accountant who will join their business on a 14-month fixed term contract. This position would ideally suit a newly qualified accountant with 1-2 years post qualification experience. The company offers a hybrid working policy, flexible working and some competitive benefits.
Duties of the Accountant will include but are not limited to:
- Ownership and control of financial ledgers for each entity
- A range of reconciliations
- Raising sales invoices (and credit notes where required)
- Monthly Balance Sheet control
- Processing fixed assets and preparing monthly reconciliation for applicable entities
- Preparation and postings of all month-end journals
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly managements accounts
- Responsible for year-end audit procedures
- Preparation of the annual statutory financial statements for first finance review
- Processing and generating a range of reports
- Management of the monthly timesheet process, associated data and recharges
- Prepare monthly and quarterly VAT returns
- Maintain up to date summary of VAT registered entities
- A range of Treasury related duties
- Assist in review and implementation of internal controls
To be considered for this position:
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Comfortable in the preparation of management accounts and financial reporting to P&L and balance sheet level
- Strong and up to date working knowledge of VAT regime, including implications on transactional processing and VAT reporting
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.