Sheridan Maine are managing a Development Accountant role for a leading, forward thinking Housing Association based in the South West and operating a Hybrid working policy based from their Head Office in Poole.
This exciting opportunity offers unparallelled opportunity to become a trusted business partner and team leader in the provision of a robust and innovative development accounting and financial reporting service for their development business and other internal and external stakeholders.
The role will include:
- Oversight and production of monthly management accounting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Monitor and report the on-going performance of the Group's development portfolio
- Reconciliation of development costs to date to facilitate provision of an accurate cash flow forecast to the Treasury team
- Assist with cash-flow preparation and analysis to facilitate management of intra-group group loan facilities ring-fenced for development and commercial activities and peak debt
- Assist with development of appropriate financial reports and analysis of financial performance for commercial and development activities
- Review of project appraisals
- To provide a comprehensive financial service, ensuring that financial and accounting records are accurately reflected in the accounting systems
- Lead, develop and motivate management accountant and assistant management accountant
- Liaison with and reporting to budget holders and other stakeholders external to finance Candidates
To be successful in this role:
- We're looking for a fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Accountant who has extensive experience of management accounting and budgeting including the provision of reporting and summary analysis for Directors and senior stakeholders.
- Having a sound Knowledge and understanding of accounting standards (development and construction would be preferable) is key and housing sector experience is also preferable
- Candidates should have experience of Statutory Accounting and the ability to analyse, interpret and present financial information clearly and concisely
- Knowledge of taxation including VAT is desirable (relating to development and construction schemes) and previous team leadership and people development experience is preferable
- You'll be tenacious, articulate, responsible and dedicated to the provision of an excellent business partnering service to all relevant stakeholders
- As a self-starter with strong communication skills and the ability to influence others; you'll be highly motivated to achieve, not only success with your own workload and objectives, but also to the achievement of the wider finance team.
On offer is a competitive salary, unique flexible benefits package, hybrid working - predominately from home with occasional travel to the Head Office in Poole and other sites in Wiltshire, so a full drivers licence and car will be essential.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.