“A good leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” Martin Luther King Jr.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering with an established Events organisation that is recruiting for an immediately available Finance Director who will join them on a 12-month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will have an interest in sports/fitness, be fully qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) and possess excellent leadership skills.
Responsibilities of the Finance Director include:
- Providing day-to-day leadership and management of the finance team
- Identifying and developing financial plans and business strategies
- Providing sound financial advice to various stakeholders
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the organisation to achieve company objectives
- Ensuring that the appropriate vision and processes are in place
- Leading the organisation’s strategy, planning and budgeting processes, including cash flow projections
- Production of various statutory accounts
- Bringing a financial and commercial strength to the organisation
- Ensuring appropriate risk management techniques and financial controls are embedded throughout the organisation
- Providing all accounting, taxation services, tax and compliance financial advice to the organisation
- Advising on cash management, investment and currency issues
- Monitoring and reviewing currency movements, investments and forex exposure
- Preparing the Charity Commission Return and such other returns as may be required
Our client is looking for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels. If you think this is you, please get in touch now by clicking on “apply”.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.