“Senior - adjective - of or for more experienced people."
Sheridan Maine is working with a property organisation based in central London to recruit a Senior Management Accountant. This 12-month fixed term contract position will manage two Assistant Management Accountants and the role is vital to delivering the monthly close process.
Responsibilities of the Senior Management Accountant include:
- Manage and develop two part-qualified Assistant Management Accountants
- Supporting and guiding the team in completion of their duties
- Leading and co-ordinating the month-end close process
- Post and review General Ledger journals incl. prepayments & accruals
- Completion of intercompany transactions journal entries
- Monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts
- Coordinate month end close timetable
- Analytical review of monthly figures to support on variances to budget/forecast
- Work closely with FP&A to deal with month end queries to produce management accounts pack with commentary explaining variance drivers
- Support the year end statutory accounts production and audit process
- Preparation of ad hoc reports and analysis on request
To be considered for the role of Senior Management Accountant:
- Qualified Accountant, preferably CIMA, ACA or ACCA
- Seasoned preparer of periodic reports and delivery of the month end close
- Articulate and able to interpret transactional level financial data into coherent summary
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.