Recruiting exclusively through Sheridan Maine, our client is a leading, privately owned and very well established business. Who have a fantastic and unique opportunity for a Head of Finance to join the business based from their offices, in North Dorset.
This is a chance for the new Head of Finance to establish themselves, by leading the finance team and building strong collaborative relationships with the Senior Leadership Team and assist in the continued growth and progress of the business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities within this role:
- Leading and developing the finance team including managing staff recruitment, appraisals, training etc.
- Managing the annual audit and tax pack process, assisting in the preparation of draft annual accounts
- Managing the statutory reporting, compliance and control over VAT, PAYE and Corporation Tax returns and payments
- Oversee the finance team and assist in the preparation and completion of monthly management accounts and financial analysis
- Leading the budgeting and forecasting process, providing support and partnering with department heads to assist in preparing their budgets
- Presenting to the Board of Directors when requested, not limited to quarterly board meetings
- Understanding of financial regulations and legislation's
- Ensure the finance team have strict controls over payments and collections
- Assist with the stocktaking process when required
- Delivering robust and accurate analysis of business performance and Cost Analysis
- Maintenance of the financial policies and procedures and ideally experience of legal and contractual issues
- Follow all Quality Control and Health & safety Policies and guidelines set by the Company
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA Accountant or equivalent
- Ability to work in a pressured and a fast moving environment
- Maintain a flexible, transparent and confidential approach at all times
- Ability to communicate well and forge strong relationships with the Leadership team as well as all levels of business
- Hands on approach to cover finance team during holidays or sickness etc.
Additional benefits and information:
A very competitive salary, based on experience and a comprehensive benefits package, including; Car, Excellent Annual Bonus, 6% Pension - due to the nature of the business, we require someone based from their offices in North Dorset.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.