Sheridan Maine are exclusively working with a global business based in the Portsmouth area to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant. This role is a fantasitc opportunity for a technically strong candidate, ideally straight from Big Four Practice and offers a great opportunity to develop in Industry within a global organisation.
Responsibilities of the Senior Financial Accountant include:
- Various general ledger reporting including reconciliations, journal preparation and posting, month end and year end close and
- Prepare audit pack and Statutory accounts for statutory audits
- Liaise with external auditors
- Liaise with tax advisors, prepare corporation tax provision for US and UK GAAP and file returns to HMRC
- Ensure bank controls are maintained in accordance company procedures
- Ensure accurate and regular cash flow forecast are completed
- Some accounts payable duties
- Other duties as required by the business
To be considered for this role, the following attributes are required:
- Qualified Accountant - ACA or ACCA
- Knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS
- Strong numerical, analytical and reconciliation skills
- Ideally, this would suit someone who has had experience working within the Big Four Accounting Practices
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more.