Sheridan Maine are working exclusively with a leading UK service provider based in Hampshire to recruit an Accountant to join this pragmatic and innovative organisation. The Finance Operations Accountant is responsible for the management of comprehensive general accounting and period closing activities. Responsible for supporting the Senior Finance Team in providing accurate and timely execution of general accounting, period end closing, and reporting activities. This role will support delivery of the wider finance vision and as a trusted business partner will focus on efficiency, collaboration and innovation.
Key duties include:
Working as a key member of the Group Business Team to deliver the common goal of a high-quality accounting service to the Senior Finance team, Business Partners and business operating level colleagues. You will Interact with numerous internal stakeholders on a daily basis in order to complete and deliver tasks relating to multiple business areas including:
Essential skills and experience:
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Initial investigation of variances and trends to present to Senior Finance
- Month end processes, period end close, P&L preparation, BS reconciliations
- Statutory and regulatory compliance (UK and Overseas) and management of the Audit requirements
- Draft technical accounting material, researching and applying relevant accounting standards reporting to the Finance Manager
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities under the direction of the Improvement and Technical Finance manager
- External funding, Fixed assets, External bid work and billing, Cross company transactions, Project work and ad-hoc queries
- Review by delegation from the Senior Accountants lower risk or lower value variances and trends
- Delegate tasks to Junior Accountants and support the completion of these tasks
Additional vacancy information:
- Must hold an appropriate accountancy ACCA/ACA/CIMA finance qualification and have a few years PQE
- Excellent collaborative working skills
- Capable and willing to accept joint responsibility for delivery of a high-quality accounting service
- Motivated to learn and use new skills and to actively share knowledge with team members to drive agility and resilience across the teams
- Well-developed communication skills to support the above
- Experience in using technology tools to collaborate with the wider business
This is a Permanent Contract and in addition to the competitive salary and fantastic office environment, our client offers a range of excellent benefits which includes, company bonus scheme, generous leave entitlement and a top class pension scheme.
With a truly dynamic and inclusive culture, they have adopted an agile working initiative which helps teams across the business to be able to work remotely and/or on-site giving greater flexibility. All roles are remote working but based on the requirement to come on site or work on client sites across the UK, this will be on a needs basis and in discussion. So please don't hesitate to get in touch to discuss further!
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.