“Great leaders don’t set out to be a leader…they set out to make a difference. It’s never about the role – always about the goal.”
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an international business that is currently seeking a Financial Controller to join its team based in central London. The position would ideally suit a finance professional with previous experience working in a large accountancy practice and someone who has experience of leading a finance team.
Responsibilities of the Financial Controller include:
- To lead and manage the northwest Europe Finance Control function of the business
- A range of reporting and consolidation
- UK Statutory reporting
- Deal with external auditors for Statutory and Group accounts
- Responsible for Accounting, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Local GAAP and IFRS accounting
- Act as primary contact for all group reporting matters and all internal audit and financial control matters and leading and co-ordinating work to remediate any issues arising
- Develop and improve consistent financial controls, procedures and policies
- Responsible for the group reporting/consolidation system, and lead and co-ordinate work to develop and improve finance systems
To be considered for the role of Financial Controller, the following skills/experience is required:
- Very good knowledge of UK Local GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Implementation of new ERPs (preferably SAP)
- Experience in Groups with international subsidiaries
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.