Sheridan Maine are working in partnership with a leading UK based manufacturer based in Fareham who are seeking a Finance Director / Head of Finance to join the business on a part time basis.
My client has grown to become one of the UK's leading independent manufacturers with an consistent drive and commitment to top end quality and service, following an acquisition a few years ago they are now part of a successful European Group of companies. As Finance Director / Head of Finance you will manage the accounting function of the business ensuring effective operations on a daily basis, whole supporting the Managing Director with the financial planning and strategy to enable the companies growth and development. As part of the Senior Leadership Team you will also maintain the integrity of the financial systems and provide financial transparency and direction to both the MD and the Group Senior Finance Team within the parent company.
- Providing leadership, support and guidance to the accounts team
- Providing financial information to the SMT allowing the business to run effectively and efficiently
- Cashflow, budget and financial accounts
- Completion and submission of monthly and annual Group Reporting pack; including year-end procedures
- Processing and managing the monthly payroll
- PAYE, P11d, CIS, VAT, Customs, RDCO and other tax duties
- Oversee the credit control and the purchase ledger and review and reconciliation of the nominal ledger
- Monitor external contracts and services with suppliers such as phone and IT systems
- Liaising and providing information to the company auditors
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified or equivalent
- Experienced within a manufacturing environment would be desirable
- Well presented, articulate and excellent communicator
- 5-10 years post qualification in a corporate environment with management experience and senior level accounting experience
- Knowledge of SAGE 200 experience with strong proficiency in Excel
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team with a positive and proactive attitude
- High level of professionalism and personal integrity
Competitive salary, benefits package, hybrid working and a vibrant and engaging environment to work in are on offer to the successful candidate.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.