Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with a successful international leisure business based in London to recruit a FP&A Analyst. The position is accountable for supporting the Global Finance department by improving the quality of data analysis and level of commercial insight into the regular forecasting and budgeting processes internationally, whilst supporting the FP&A team to provide proactive challenge to the business to drive trading performance and outcomes.
Responsibilities of the FP&A Analyst include:
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Working alongside the Head of FP&A to deliver the annual Budget, Strategic Plans and other rolling forecasts the business may require to achieve its strategic plan
- Conducting variance analysis, showing how the budget and forecast compares against actual performance. Analytics and Decision Support
- Business partnering with Senior Leaders of sales channels to formulate growth plans, designing appropriate reporting tools to track performance and suggest corrective action where necessary
- Providing Senior Leaders with all relevant tools which will enable them to optimise performance or meet certain goals. E.g. analysis of historical financials, variance explanations, updated forecasts with risks and opportunities to current plan, KPIs
- Conducting cost efficiency and benchmarking reviews to ensure that business performance is optimised
- Analysing monthly performance results to report on key variance drivers
- Supporting City General Managers in analysing and recommending actions to improve profitability / cost efficiencies
- Reporting on Group operational metrics to key stakeholders
- Assisting the Head of FP&A with conducting business cases and feasibility studies for new business initiatives, including post-implementation review
Key requirements for the FP&A Analyst:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc qualified
- Knowledge of general management accounting with emphasis on the P&L and cash flow
- Strong relationship and communication skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Ability to think creatively, analytical, highly-driven and self-motivated.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.