Sheridan Maine is currently partnering with one the largest companies in their field within the UK. This services based company is part of an international group and is looking for someone who can bring their skills to the table and benefit themselves by having an opportunity to gain inside knowledge and experience in various entities within the finance team.
The Assistant Accountant position is full time, initially on a fixed term contract basis for 12- 15 months, with potential prospects for a permanent role at the end of this period. The company can offer hybrid working, with most people being onsite in the office once or twice a week.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant will include:
- Month end closing processes
- Various areas of financial reporting including Group and Tax Reporting
- Validating balance sheet entries
- Preparation of financial information for stakeholders
Key Competencies required of the Assistant Accountant include:
- The ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders within the UK business
- Be able to hit the ground running but at the same time the willingness to learn
- Excellent numerical skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Excel experience
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work flexibly around month end and year end
The company are ideally seeking a candidate who is studying for their Level 3 or 4 AAT Qualifications, or potentially are in the early stages of studying for their ACCA/CIMA/ACA.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to develop new skills by working as part of a team across various areas of financial control and reporting.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.