My client is a leading financial services business focusing on FX, currency exchange and international payments, who employs circa 3000 staff members and services 70,000 clients globally. They are currently looking to recruit a Head of Finance whose key tasks are to lead and mentor the team of accountants ensuring that the financial reporting for all companies is managed in a timely and correct manner.
The Head of Finance has complete responsibility for all financial aspects, including the overall tax and hedging strategy - this position therefore represent real significance across this business allowing for good visibility with real growth prospects in the first 12 months.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities will include:
- Manage and ensure the timely preparation, consolidation and reporting of monthly management accounts and board pack (to include profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow and narrative)
- Manage preparation of company full-year statutory accounts and tax packs
- Manage the budget and three-year plan processes including preparation of Board papers containing relevant analysis and detailed commentary
- Manage a team with 4 direct reports; leading and developing the finance function
- Assist Group CFO in providing a framework for succession planning and the personal development of finance staff across the company
- Ensure that a robust financial control infrastructure and environment exists at all times including capital expenditure and stock control, ensuring the balance sheet is fully (and reasonably) supported and company-wide processes properly followed
- Monitor and report weekly and monthly cash flow trends
- Working on identifying key issues and necessary system/process changes to be addressed
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensures that all projects and initiatives are fully aligned with the strategic direction of the organisation
- Deputise for Group CFO as required
- ACA/ACCA/CA qualified
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent and ideally MBA
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills required, including expert Excel and modelling skills
- The ideal candidate must have managed a team before
- Direct and indirect tax knowledge
- Ability to distil large amounts of complex information and competing requirements to deliver a coherent and aligned strategic vision across the business
- Ability to work at a high level across every business area, providing strategic direction and critical analysis to the CFO of the company
- Ability to run and manage multiple workstreams, working under pressure, whilst keeping a calm head and motivating more junior members of staff to work to the best of their ability
- Exceptional communication skills
- High standard of oral & written English is mandatory
- Fluency in other European languages is desirable
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.