“Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” Winston Churchill.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering with an established and successful business to recruit a qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent) Financial Accountant.
The successful Financial Accountant will be responsible for the management of the Treasury systems from a finance perspective, and leading process improvements for the Treasury Finance team. The role holder will also be involved in the day-to-day financial control process for the treasury and securitisation structures (SPVs), testing and implementing of system improvements, process automation and any ad hoc requests as and when required by the business.
Responsibilities of the Financial Accountant include:
- Manage the Treasury system and take lead in validating system improvements from a finance perspective
- Develop reporting functionality in conjunction with system management
- Actively drive improvements (both processes and systems) for the team, representing the team on relevant forums and committees
- Document key processes concisely
- Own the statutory reporting, quarterly regulatory reporting, management information production and day to day finance control processes for the Treasury and securitisation structures
- Analyse ledgers on a functional cost level
- Provide oversight and analysis on projects that impact Treasury
- Liaise with external auditors as and when required
- Provide cover to the Treasury finance team as required
To be considered for the role of Financial Accountant, you will require:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience collaborating with others across functional lines and multiple locations
- Good technical knowledge and a strong interest in understanding commercial operations and the key drivers of value within the business
- Experience of process improvement
It would also be beneficial to your application if you have:
- Previous knowledge and experience of accounting requirements within the Financial Services sector, or a strong desire to learn if no demonstrable experience
- Experience of working with SAP (ECC and SA40)
- Previous experience of working with Treasury systems e.g. T24 / TMS
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.