"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” Isaac Newton.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering with an established business based in Winchester to recruit an Assistant Accountant. This newly created role is a fantastic opportunity for a part-qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) to work within a supportive environment and find good career growth.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant include:
- Responsible for AP/AR ledgers, Banks and Stock
- Preparation and reporting of monthly management accounts
- Assist with annual budget preparation and statutory audit
- Provision of various reports
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Management and submission of applicable HMRC and other statutory returns
- Analyse sales information and present to management
- Maintain promotional analysis forms
- Evaluate promotional activity using retailer sales data
- Liaise with other teams to communicate sales/promotional information
- Update Sales pricing on ERP system
- Maintain and update sales forecast model
- Update weekly competitor pricing monitor
The Assistant Accountant will need the following experience/skills:
- Bookkeeping skills
- Sage experience, preferably Sage200
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient of Excel
The company operate a hybrid working policy, with 3 days a week in the office, the rest worked from home.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.