“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
- Henry Ford.
Our client is a Bristol-based Professional Services firm and is recruiting for a Management Accountant who will join their team based in central Bristol. They are a proud SME with passionate people and ambitious ownership, looking for new talent to join the ranks and aid their expansion.
Responsibilities of the Management Accountant include:
- Complete month-end bank reconciliations across all accounts
- Cashflow Forecasting
- Sales Ledger and Credit Control duties
- Monitor and check revenue forecasts
- Monitor Aged Debtor balances and support the Finance Administrator with any Credit Control issues
- Lead a Weekly Aged Debtor meeting
- Responsible for Purchase Ledger and Expense Management
- Responsible for expenses
- Perform regular checks on the data entry of Client, Contractor and Assignment records
- Manage the monthly payroll process - raising self-bill invoices and sales invoices and exporting to Xero
- Manage international contractor process - issuing currency invoices as required
- Calculate monthly margins across all contract/project services
- Respond to incoming contractor queries
- Preparation of month end and management accounts
- Complete Nominal Ledger reconciliations
- Revenue analysis - calculate revenue accruals and deferrals and post relevant journals
- Expenditure Analysis - check Prepayments and Depreciation journals and calculate and post Accruals journals
- Preparation of P&L and Balance Sheet in line with agreed reporting deadlines
- Variance Analysis
- Supplementary Reporting
- Complete HMRC Reporting
- Calculate and distribute monthly commission statements
- Calculate and distribute quarterly sales bonuses
- Manage and develop one Finance Administrator
- Ad-hoc projects as agreed with Board/Leadership Team
- Deliver onboarding training to Associate Consultants
- Support Legal & Compliance Analyst during busy periods
Skills and Experience required to be a successful Management Accountant:
- Experience of working within a similar role
- Flexible and adaptable – a small, agile company growing quickly (things will change quickly)
- Clear and confident communicator
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.