“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” C.S. Lewis.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established Financial Services business that is looking to recruit a Senior Risk & Compliance Officer. This ever-growing company based in Gloucestershire, offers an attractive benefits package along with a friendly and inclusive working culture.
If you have significant risk and compliance experience, we would love to hear from you.
The responsibilities of the Senior Risk & Compliance Officer include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Head of Risk in the continuous improvement of embedding the Risk Management Framework and the Head of Compliance in ensuring the business maintains compliance with existing and emerging regulatory rules and guidelines
- Assisting in providing support and challenge on all incidents and breaches reported by the business. Finding the root cause and offering the business guidance and support in reducing the risk of recurrence
- Delivering awareness training and providing risk and compliance advice as required
- Performing Compliance and Risk Monitoring reviews and follow up management actions
- Keeping the risk register up to date providing analysis on the status of risks faced by the business
- Continuously seeking to improve policies and procedures
- Overseeing the checks of the HM Treasury Sanctions List
- Dealing with any risk and compliance enquiries
- Providing regular and effective management information for the Leadership Team, Board and external regulatory bodies as required on all relevant functions
- Maintaining effective communication at all levels of the business to ensure the delivery of consistent messages on the importance of risk management and compliance capabilities across the business
To succeed as Senior Risk & Compliance Officer you will need:
- Experience of working in a similar role within the insurance sector
- Compliance and Risk CPD’s gained within the Financial Services industry
- Knowledge of regulations and legislation within the financial services industry
- Experience of incident management processes and root cause analysis
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.