“You only do good work when you’re taking risks and pushing yourself.” Sally Hawkins.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established Financial Services business that is looking to recruit a Head of Risk to join their team based in Cirencester. This ever-growing company offers an attractive benefits package along with a friendly and inclusive working culture.
Responsibilities of the Head of Risk include:
- Assist the management team in managing the implementation of the Risk Management Framework
- Enabling risk assessment and reporting processes in order to deliver high quality management information
- Provide support and challenge to Risk Owners and their delegated Risk Managers in the management of risk exposure
- Ensure effective alignment between risk management processes and third-party suppliers (e.g. internal audit)
- Development, implementation and embedding of Risk Monitoring Methodology
- Provide expert advice on the identification and assessment of risk events and managing the incident reporting process
- Ensure that new projects are subject to continual risk assessment and monitoring and that project sponsors are challenged as and when necessary
- Provide regular and effective management information for the Leadership Team, Board and external regulatory bodies as required on all relevant functions including details of breaches to regulations/procedures
- Provision of regular and effective risk reporting to the leadership team
- Develop and deliver consistent messages on the importance of risk management in order to create a risk culture and continuously work across all departments to improve risk management and compliance capabilities across the business
- Provide oversight of the Risk & Compliance Officer alongside the Head of Compliance
- Work closely and build relations with the internal audit function
- Be flexible to carry out any other reasonable task as requested by the Leadership Team
To be considered for the role of Head of Risk, the following skills/experience are required:
- Risk Management Qualification or Risk CPD gained within the Financial Services industry
- Demonstrable experience of risk management
- Solid negotiation skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.