“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” Lao Tzu.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working exclusively with a leading media company to recruit a Senior Manager for their Global Accounting Team. This opportunity offers a chance to work in a supportive environment with a team of experienced professionals. The role would suit a finance expert with significant post qualified experience.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accounting Manager include:
- Drive the sales org commission process from plan setting through to calculations and pay-outs quarterly
- Support business team with required assessments and calculations
- Support changes required to be SOX compliant by end of the year as a newly public company
- Participate in testing and designing finance automations
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages / Board and Audit Committee decks
- Review of monthly journals, intercompany transactions and reconciliations as part of the monthly close process
- Participate in monthly Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash Flow review meetings, providing analysis of key drivers impacting financial results
- Support quarterly and annual audit requests (both at group and statutory level)
- Work on other ad hoc projects as required, for example M&A related activities
To be considered for the role of Senior Manager, the following attributes are required:
- Proven experience of working within company with a global presence
- Data driven and problem-solving orientation
- Thrives in a commercial finance role
- Effective communication skills with the ability to explain accounting behaviours to non-finance background
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.