“The hardest thing is the end of the month, especially the last 30 days.” - Alphonse Allais
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering with a leading business to recruit an Assistant Financial Accountant. The role will be based between two offices – one in Hertfordshire, and the other in London. This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate with a business-based degree who has a desire to study towards an accounting qualification.
Working within a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will be forward thinking and full of energy. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential to build solid relationships with key stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Financial Accountant include:
- Posting journals, balance sheet account analysis and internal reconciliations
- Running the monthly bad debt model to calculate provision levels
- Running of various reports
- Provision of various analysis
- Proactively identifying opportunities/risks
- Assist with the preparation of statutory reporting
- Build strong working relationships with the key internal and Third-Party stakeholders
To be considered for the role of Assistant Financial Accountant, the following competencies are required:
- Business based degree with a 2:1 or better
- The ability to think laterally and problem solve
- Experience in energy industry would be beneficial
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.