“The key to making a good forecast is not in limiting yourself to quantitative information.” - Nate Silver.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering with a global organisation to recruit a passionate finance professional as a Finance Analyst on a temporary basis. This position will suit a qualified Accountant with experience of working within a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities of the Finance Analyst include:
- Management of the monthly P+L forecasts ensuring all inputs are received and accurate and meet divisional reporting requirements
- All forecast inputs reviewed and challenged as appropriately with stakeholders to ensure these are the best that can be achieved by the business. Standard analytical review techniques are maintained and actions with the business are addressed proactively. This culture of challenge is fostered and encouraged within the team and Management accountants
- Ensure a robust financial control environment is maintained in production of all budgets and forecasts
- Reporting for all budgets and forecasts are fit for purpose summarising all relevant headline movements and variances formatted to ensure these can be communicated both to the GM and across the business. All relevant risks and opportunities are captured and reported highlighting any gaps between forecast and external commitments helping to drive corrective actions across the business
- Co-ordinate and manage all forecasting aspects re: finance between planning and the business. This should include acting as the main point of liaison to ensure communications are clear and co-ordinated between finance and the rest of the business
To be considered for the role of Finance Analyst, the following attributes are required:
- Strong knowledge of Financial Reporting
- Business partnering experience
- Understanding of financial controls and processes
- Experience of Financial forecasting and planning
This role sits within IR35.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.