“It takes less time to do things right than to explain why you did it wrong.”
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering with a global organisation to recruit a passionate finance professional as Head of Financial Compliance. This 6 month assignment is a globally mobile role, where the successful individual will have responsibility for a team of up to 4 finance managers and will work closely with site and business line finance teams, as well as a range of other departments and functions across the group.
Responsibilities of the Head of Financial Compliance include but are not limited to:
• Carrying out site visits and Balance Sheet reviews
• Communicating with site teams to close compliance gaps and ensure robust controls are put in place
• Providing support to site teams where needed
• Overseeing the financial compliance team in identifying specific areas of balance sheet judgment and risk
• Ensuring that deviation from key financial policies is documented and that there are clear audit trails for rationale and approval of the same
• Maintenance of the divisional financial compliance framework, including the design of the benchmark operating controls and certification processes
• Ensure a robust and prudent financial control environment
• Lead and carry out reviews of the operation of key transactional controls and drive on improvements
To be considered for the role of Head of Financial Compliance
• Qualified accountant from a recognised professional body
• Financial and technical expertise
• Excellent and proven track record of building effective relationships
• Influences and communicates effectively
• Excellent listening skills
• Coaches and supports others
This role sits within IR35.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.