“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” John Maxwell.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering with a rapidly expanding stakeholder communications organisation. The firm has a portfolio of clients from all over the world – some of which include huge corporations such as British Airways, Burberry, DeBeers, HSBC, and more. We’re looking for an ambitious Finance professional to join their team for the position of Financial Controller.
This position offers a good opportunity to gain some exposure working within a fast-paced and fast-growing environment. Over the course of time, the responsibilities of this position will grow, and in return your commercial acumen and business partnering skills will progress.
The organisation operates a hybrid working policy with one day a week based at their Hammersmith based office.
Responsibilities of the Financial Controller include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all management reporting in the business
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts with commentary
- Preparation of P&L and cash flow forecasts
- Review all month end reconciliations, resolving any discrepancies
- Responsible for reviewing the Company fixed asset register prepayments schedule
- Preparation of audit file and liaising with auditors
- Responsible for the preparation of the FRS102 revenue calculation schedule
- Monitor the Aged Debtors and Creditors with the Finance team
- Review the payment run on a weekly basis
- Responsible for reviewing all invoices which are prepared by the Finance Assistant
- Responsible for ensuring that the payroll is completed in a timely manner each month
- Own the administration of the Company pension, healthcare and cycle schemes
- Responsible for filing other tax, and Companies House, returns on a timely basis including P11Ds, P11D(b) and PSA
- Assist with training of all new joiners and current staff on the finance system (Maconomy)
- Provide technical support when there are problems with the finance system
- Attend weekly finance meetings
- Ensure that all financial controls are in place across the company so to eliminate financial risk and loss
To be considered for the role of Financial Controller, you will require to following:
- Academically strong and with a Chartered Accountancy qualification
- Strong Financial background and business acumen along with an ability to contribute towards the strategic development of the business
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary to build trust and respect both externally and internally
- A versatile personality with good problem-solving skills and an eye for detail combined with sound numerical and presentation skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.