“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”
- Abraham Lincoln.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering with an established organisation to recruit a Senior Accountant. This position requires a commercially strong qualified Accountant who can confidently provide support to Project Managers in managing project finances and performing month-end project accounting tasks. The Senior Project Accountant will also provide leadership on various process and performance improvement initiatives.
The company operate a hybrid working pattern with 3 days a week in the office.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include:
- Preparation of monthly financial reports
- Supporting Project Managers in day-to-day project finance management
- Preparation of monthly invoices for clients
- Preparation and provision of robust financial forecasting and with full commentary
- Presenting month end figures and key insights to Project Managers and stakeholders
- Providing advise to Project Managers and stakeholders regarding budgets and FX rates
- Keep track of programme budgets and ensure funds are allocated to agreed budget lines
- Analysing budgets and identifying risks
- Overseeing project audits and ensuring a timely response is given to audit requests
- Reviewing, updating and improving the current processes and systems
- Posting accurate journals
- Preparation of various reconciliations
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reports
To be considered for the role of Senior Accountant, the following attributes are required:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills – interprets stakeholder needs and expectations in order to build working relationships and deliver appropriate solutions
- Strong commercial mindset
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.