Sheridan Maine has been retained to secure a Head of Finance for a engaging, contemporary and entrepreneurial business based near Poole. As the Head of Finance you will be responsible for ensuring that all Management Accounts, KPIs, forecasts, annual statutory accounts, budgeting and other commercial analysis for the Company is produced in accordance with business needs, stakeholder requirements and legislation.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Head of Finance will work closely with the Senior Management Team to increase the Company’s efficiency and profitability by assisting with the medium and long-term financial plan.
• Lead and develop the finance team
• Preparation of statutory accounts, VAT returns and Companies House submissions for other entities within the Group
• Review, commentary and submission of monthly Management Accounts to the Directors and Joint Venture.
• Responsible for compliance with all tax requirements such as VAT – UK and International, PAYE, PSA, Corporation Tax including advising the business regarding the tax implications of all business decisions.
• Responsible for liaising with Insurers to ensure that the Company is adequately covered
• Responsible for ensuring all submissions to Companies House are submitted on time
• Preparation of the annual budget and review of the monthly 12 month rolling forecast (including cash forecast)
• Review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the finance team
• Treasury management and cash flow
• Overall responsibility for review of monthly payroll for the Company prior to submission to payroll bureau
• Main point of contact for the external audit – statutory and as required by licensors
• Main point of contact for bank, credit card and payment merchants
• Responsible for building and maintaining a robust control framework for the business
• Responsible for developing financial reporting to aid business decisions
Key Experiences and Skills:
• ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
• 5 years’ PQE in a similar role
• Excellent communication skills, organisational skills and attention to detail
• Proven track record managing and leading a successful team
• NetSuite experience and eCommerce experience advantageous though not essential as full training will be provided
• A growing business, so must be willing to roll your sleeves up and help with transactional work as required
• Experience of reconciliation work in a business with high transaction volumes
On offer to the successful candidates is a truly unique opportunity to join a start up business who are at a very solid period of next level growth and further develop. Would suit an up and coming Head of Finance/Finance Director who would like to be part of a dynamic and ambitious organisation. With beautiful offices, hybrid working and an excellent benefits package.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.