“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” Edward Everett Hale.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering with an award-winning organisation based in the Bristol area to recruit a Finance Manager. This position would suit a qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with previous management experience and involvement of process improvement. This varied and interesting position offers a good opportunity to gain some exposure of working a key position within a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager include:
- Manage, support and develop a team of finance staff
- Preparation of management accounts including relevant commentary
- Monthly accruals / prepayments
- Annual budget and periodic reforecasting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsibility for the statutory audit
- Oversee system upgrades
- Responsible for the Accounts payable function
- Approving supplier payments
- Resolving issues with suppliers in a timely manner
- Responsible for the cash flow reporting
- Producing various reports and analysis
- Work with team to track and forecast capital expenditure
- Produce monthly income journals
- Produce various reconciliations
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required
Whilst many of these tasks will be performed within the team rather than by the Finance Manager, this role has overall responsibility for ensuring that processes are fit for purpose and optimised from an efficiency / control perspective.
To be considered for the role of Finance Manager, the following skills are required:
- Good influencing skills
- Excellent Excel skills - producing management information and data analysis is a key part of this role
- Good interpersonal skills with a strong coaching ethos
- Experience of using Sage 200
Opportunity for Remote / Flexible working is offered.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.