Sheridan Maine are working in partnership with a leading Accountancy Firm, who are seeking a Qualified Senior Client Advisor to join their Accounting and Outsourcing team. Their Poole based financial outsourcing team require a Qualified Accountant who can support clients through the provision of high quality, technology enabled management accounting and advisory solutions, acting as their main point of contact for the day-to-day management and delivery of services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the oversight and delivery of bookkeeping assignments, management accounts, VAT returns, CIS returns and cash-flow forecasts for manager/partner review, with minimal supervision. Responsibilities will also include providing interim and emergency support to clients along with business insights and advising on accounting software and processes, whilst training and developing more junior members of the team. Assistance with business development and the onboarding of new clients will also form part of the role.
The financial outsourcing team in Poole is part of the national accounting and outsourcing service line who work collaboratively across the UK and overseas to provide tailored solutions to clients of all sizes from start-ups through to international groups, at different stages of their lifecycles.
The successful candidate will provide a high-quality and time-sensitive service across the team's client portfolio through:
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Preparing and/or reviewing VAT returns, management accounts and month end processes
- Preparing budgeting, cashflow forecasting and other business advisory services
- Building strong and long lasting relationships with key clients by taking ownership and responsibility for client delivery and assignments to free up manager time, ensuring client deadlines are met in a timely and accurate manner
- Assistance with the management of the department's portfolio in areas such as resourcing, financials and client risk/onboarding, and keeping management informed of progress and any issues arising
- Meeting deadlines and communicating with clients and colleagues professionally and courteously
- Mentoring, supervising, and training more junior members of the team to ensure that bookkeeping records are ready in time for management accounts and VAT preparation
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified with broad practical accounting & outsourcing experience
- Mixture of industry and practice experience ideal, however not essential
- Solutions person – ability to be proactive and use own initiative
- Experience in preparation of management accounts and month end close processes, VAT returns, budgets, and cash flow forecasts
- Taking ownership of projects, and takes responsibility for quality control
- Strong people management skills with a passion for developing others and themselves
- Strong interpersonal and client handling skills
- Strong organisational skills and business acumen
- Excellent numerical and IT skills – ability and desire to learn new technology, proficient in excel
- Good attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of Xero and/or other accounting packages would be beneficial
This role would suit a driven Accountant who would like to be part of a supportive, collaborative and progressive environment and gain the chance to further develop in a positive and engaging environment.
Excellent benefits package including hybrid working and a competitive salary are offer to the successful candidate.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.