"Systems run the business and the people run the systems." - Michael Gerber.
Sheridan Maine is partnering with a rapidly growing Financial Services organisation to recruit a Systems Accountant on a 12 month fixed term contract. This position would suit a qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) who possesses strong systems and process skills.
Responsibilities of the Systems Accountant include:
- Work closely with the Operations, Finance and Technology teams to ensure business requirements are produced, accepted, and approved by key stakeholders
- Support with system testing and migration
- Ensure that all financial data is reconciled and validated throughout the migration process
- Manage the finance system, ensuring that it is ‘fit for purpose’
- Ensure data integrity and consistency across multiple reports
- Design and develop accurate financial reports, that are required by the finance team and the wider organisation
- Perform daily reconciliations between the loan administration system and finance GL
- Pro-actively drive forward the development of the system and report its functionality back to the senior management
- Make intelligent recommendations on existing processes in place, testing and then implementing once management have signed it off
- Assist with any ad-hoc work
To be considered for the role of Systems Accountant, you will require:
- Strong background working on system implementation and improvements
- Possess a proactive approach to problem solving
- An appetite to constantly improve processes and reporting
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.