“Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.”
- Jessica Guidobono.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to work with a global organisation to recruit a Junior Divisional Controller. This role would suit a technically strong part-qualified Accountant (ACCA or similar) who has experience of working within the Insurance sector.
Responsibilities of the Junior Divisional Controller will include:
- Support with the monitoring and review of business class specific Profit & Loss and balance sheet accounts
- Analysis of actual and forecast against budget and make recommendations of changes for best business practices
- Oversee the data / reporting of direct receivables balances, associated Credit Control activity and implications on cash flow reporting
- Provide financial reporting to Group and prepare detailed responses to any queries
- Ensure comprehensive quarterly financial reporting deadlines are adhered to
- Collaborate with MI and IT teams, in the development of financial reports
- Manage the preparation of the GAAP annual budget. Work closely with the necessary stakeholders to ensure the budget is approved by the Board, by the submission deadline
- A range of other analysis
- Assist with the preparation of class specific forecast P&L
- Journal adjustments
- A range of reconciliations
- Assist with the improvement of processes and systems
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Experience of working in similar role (preferably minimum of 2 years)
- Good finance and accounting principles
- Excellent negotiation, judgment and decision-making skills
- Experience of accounting systems such as Eclipse and Salesforce
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.