“Good and solid analysis and a formal way of looking at a problem (are the core ingredients of good decisions).” Colin Powell.
Sheridan Maine is excited to be working alongside a leading manufacturing business. They are currently seeking an experienced Cost Accountant who will join their busy team based in North Hampshire.
The successful candidate will have worked within a manufacturing organisation previously and possess cost accounting experience coupled with the ability to demonstrate business partnering skills.
The responsibilities of the Cost Accountant include:
· Analysing cost data
· Maintain cost accounting and inventory systems including product costing, inventory control and variance analysis
· Develop revenue and cost forecasts
· Undertake duties relating to monthly, quarterly and yearly financial close
· Modelling for business cases
· Supporting operations on continuous process improvements
· Prepare weekly and monthly reports
· Assist with internal and external audits
· Ad-hoc analysis when required in support of operations
The Cost Accountant attributes include:
· A minimum of three year’s manufacturing analysis and cost management experience
· Experience with bill of material management and variance analysis
· Strong knowledge of accounting principles
· Good understanding of processes and the ability to recognise opportunities for improvement
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.