Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an established firm based in Poole to recruit a Financial Controller into its team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company which can offer a long-term career development with a strong and growing business.
In this role, you will have oversight of the whole finance function, including line management of the team. This job requires a hands-on Financial Controller to perform accounting and reporting functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing Management accounts for senior management and preparation of monthly management pack
• Analysis of monthly revenue, overheads and costs of sales against prior months and against budgets, identifying and analysing any
variances and cash flow forecasts
• Coordinating and directing the preparation of the financial forecasts and report variances
• Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensuring all HMRC filings are done in accordance with required timescales
• Managing business cash flow from a consolidated Group perspective
• Liaising with operational managers, responding to their financial inquiries, and providing financial advice
• Partnering non-finance staff across the business to build budgets
• Managing the year-end audit process
What you will need to be great for this role:
• ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified
• Previous experience as a Financial Manager / Controller
• Experience of using Sage Line 50
• Proactive with the ability to identify process improvement and implement any changes
• Experience in systems improvement and automating accounts preparation process
• Ability to redefine and streamline the monthly MI reporting
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.