My client is an international award-winning consultancy organisation based in central London. Due to continuous growth they are now looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join their team.
This is a senior finance position acting as the number 2 within finance across the business unit. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of business partnering with senior stakeholders both operationally and on the board, ensuring of accountability whilst driving and managing change.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Partner General Manager and Sector Leaders in preparation and evaluation of Business Plans
- Member of Unit management team, reviewing financial performance, recognising and managing corrective/opportunistic actions, and providing tailored information for stakeholders as required
- Work with Group/Regional Finance, Treasury, Tax, and Shared Service teams to enhance delivery to project teams
- Assist in preparation and review of proposals, including assessment of financial aspects of contracts to facilitate invoicing and payments, and identify grounds for additional fees
- Attend monthly project control meetings for major and risky project
- Manage working capital, ensuring prompt invoicing and collections
- Manage cashflow reporting, control and remittances
- Produce and interpret monthly management accounts for the Unit; controlling financial performance by monitoring and improving project profitability, utilisation, overhead control and working capital management
- Supervise production of annual budgets and forecasts
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations and quarterly statutory packs
- Monitor financial control environment and support General Manager in completion of annual Controls Matrix
- Produce statutory accounts, tax and other returns; co-ordinating statutory and internal audits
- Assist Unit staff in maintaining the project control system, providing finance training to enable them to understand and control accurate project budgets and revenue recognition
- Assist compliance with Group Directives including insurances, trade licenses and registrations as required
- Continual identification and management of handover of tasks that can be delivered by the Shared Service team
- Must be qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA with circa 10 years post qualified experience
- Worked in a project based business of a similar size as a senior member of staff
- Must be a good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Strong Excel skills to an intermediate to high level
- Strong analytical skills with a good eye for detail
- Ability to see tasks through to conclusion
- Experience of supervision or mentoring
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.