Sheridan Maine is working on an exclusive basis to recruit a Group Financial Controller for our client based near Bournemouth and Poole. We are seeking an immediately available and experienced Group Financial Controller to support the business on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract commencing in January 2022. This role will manage a finance team across multiple sites and will be a challenging role which requires commitment and flexibility.
As Group Financial Controller we require you to be a fully Qualified Accountant who is technically astute, takes a proactive and hands on approach, with excellent leadership skills and the ability to cope in a demanding role while adding real value.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Lead the Group Finance teams while delivering overall business objectives and driving growth and profitability
- Production and review of the consolidated Accounts to UK GAAP within the group reporting timetable along with all management information
- Responsible for the preparation of Statutory Accounts, producing budgets, revisions and forecasts for the CFO
- Oversight and support to ensure the management accounting process is complete within company timetables
- Effectively leading and managing your direct reports and their teams, ensuring that positive development, welfare and performance are being measured and responded to in a proactive and professional manner
Personal Skills and Qualities:
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA Qualified Accountant
- Available to commence a new role in January 2022
- Experience working within a SME, Manufacturing or Defence background
- Strong people management skills, able to drive the team forward
- Hands on and capable of leading by example
- Proactive and innovative business acumen
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Self driven and motivated with excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and adaptable approach with a strong team work attitude
- Able to commence a new role mid January 2022
In return on offer is an excellent benefits package, friendly and supportive working environment. My client understands that having a good work/life balance is very important in being most effective in the workplace therefore they also offer flexible working to suit your needs.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible