Sheridan Maine are working exclusively with a leading SME group of companies based in West Dorset who are seeking a Qualified Management Accountant to join the business. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing business and work in an environment where you can add real value and make a tangible difference.
As a Qualified Management Accountant you will join the business as part of the Senior Leadership team and lead and develop the small finance team. This is a full time and hands-on role which will require someone who is predominately based in the office initially, with potential of more flexibility once bedded into the role.
Duties and responsibilities:
Key Experiences and Skills:
- Production of monthly management accountants and running the month end reporting for the Directors
- Running a timely month end with the accounts team
- Oversee both purchase and sales ledger
- Provide twice-weekly cash summaries to the directors
- Experience with running multi-currency ledgers, and stock management
- Produce cash flow forecasts
- Ensure swift booking in of goods to facilitate sales, often from overseas suppliers and often involving USD transactions
- Ensuring all HMRC deadlines are met
- Ensure suppliers are paid as per business terms
- Quarterly VAT returns
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified ideally, but will consider Part Qualified or Qualified by Experience
- Experience in preparing Management Accounts
- Expertise with Sage Line 50 accounting package
- Sound understanding of MS Office and strong Excel
- Experience running month end for both sales and purchase ledger
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and take initiative in a dynamic working environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a complex, demanding, albeit rewarding role, which will suit someone who enjoys working in a hands on management accounting role and leading a small but successful finance team.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible