“Leadership is not being in charge, it is about taking care of people in your charge.” Simon Sinek.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an international property group to recruit a commercially focussed qualified Finance Manager.
This is a key day to day finance and commercial leadership role on a substantial development project. The role provides “glue” across a project and requires the post holder to demonstrate a wide range of technical and interpersonal skills as well as providing critical experience enabling the post holder to develop into a project finance/commercial leadership role.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Main day-to-day support to the Project Leadership Team in relation to commercial and finance matters, supporting their work in setting and delivering the strategy for the project
- Act as a support to the Project Team and play a key role in the development of the overall strategic direction of the project adding commercial rigour to day-to-day project activities
- Responsible for driving positive change, and continuous improvement, in both the finance world as well as in the wider business unit environment
- Maintain excellent knowledge of the contractual and financial arrangements of the project, the broader business strategy and competitive market position
- Own and manage the project and investment models/appraisals, including advising on key financial risks and opportunities and having a detailed understanding of the Commercial Appraisal and assumptions
- Ensure transparency of the project's commercial position, including tracking against budget / programme, use of contingency and upcoming risks
- Facilitate and manage the integrated financial consolidation and management reporting processes to all stakeholders
- Support key planning workstreams, incl. in relation to viability assessments undertaken by consultants
- Effectively communicate, through various channels, key financial and commercial information to JV/ Wider Partners and their advisors, as required
- Oversee, co-ordinate and manage internal and external reporting to ensure consistency, accuracy and timeliness of financial and non-financial reporting to achieve regulatory and business outcomes
- Provide or coordinate technical accounting, tax and treasury advice as well as ownership of the day to day relationship with Finance Services as it pertains to the performance of relevant services to the project
- Implement and manage robust financial controls with Finance Services to ensure integrity of all financial systems, processes and outputs
- Ownership of the detailed preparation and management of the business plans including monthly and quarterly review process and reporting and driving business accountability to achieve outcomes and management of cash flow at business and project levels
- Input into Capital strategy and to support management of multiple internal/external stakeholders and review funding proposals / tenders and advise on commercial impacts and risks
- Advise on and implement where appropriate risk management strategies to support and inform management decision making
- Produce analysis and information to support the project in securing funding
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ financial modelling experience, preferably in property or a complex long tern partnership environment (e.g. PFI/PPP)
- Experience of commercial real estate sector or similar sectors
- High level of competence in MS Excel
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Detailed knowledge of typical real estate development financial structures including typical expenditure and income and land value modelling
- Strong working understanding of accounting and compliance, preferably in property or a complex long tern partnership environment
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.