“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” - John Maxwell.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to work with a global organisation that currently requires a qualified Accountant (ACCA or similar) with extensive experience of working in international insurance markets.
This maternity cover position would suit a finance professional who is technically strong and possesses excellent leadership and strategic planning skills.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Support with the monitoring and review of business class specific Profit & Loss and balance sheet accounts
- Analysis of actual and forecast against budget and make recommendations of changes for best business practices
- Oversee the data / reporting of direct receivables balances, associated Credit Control activity and implications on cash flow reporting
- Provide financial reporting to Group and prepare detailed responses to any queries
- Ensure comprehensive quarterly financial reporting deadlines are adhered to
- Collaborate with MI and IT teams, in the development of financial reports
- Manage the preparation of the GAAP annual budget. Work closely with the necessary stakeholders to ensure the budget is approved by the Board, by the submission deadline
What you will need to be great for this role:
- ACCA or similar qualification
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Negotiation, judgment and decision-making skills
- Professional business writing/presentation skills
- People management skills and technical coaching
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.