“Great leaders don’t set out to be a leader…they set out to make a difference. It’s never about the role – always about the goal.”
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established business that represents sites across the UK and Ireland. They currently have an opportunity for a commercially minded Group Finance Manager who will join their team based in central London.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical accounting skillset and proven experience of managing and leading a team. We are looking for a finance professional who is articulate and comfortable communicating to all levels.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the Chief Financial Officer in all aspects of the company management and statutory reporting
- Take ownership of the monthly and quarterly closing process and manage the delivery of management accounting pack on a timely basis
- Manage and provide guidance and development to a small finance team
- Ensure that department objectives are met and that the company’s financial and strategic position is optimised for future changes and growth opportunities in alignment with the UK and Group strategy
- Oversee major financial processes and provide guidance and support to the Group CFO
- Work closely with department heads to gain a thorough understanding of the business pressure points and opportunities
- Assist in ensuring that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Build exceptional relationships with stakeholders and form close relationships with the CEOs and other senior executives and non-executives to grow the business
- Improve and enhance the financial reporting process, and implement additional controls
- Perform high-level monthly reviews of the entities results and provide summary reports to key members of the business
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.