“I always say film is art, theatre is life and television is furniture.” Kenny Leon.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an internationally renowned organisation devoted to promoting and preserving film making and television in the UK.
Based at their head office in London’s West End, you will support the Head of Finance in ensuring that the organisation has a robust and stable financial framework on an ongoing basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To ensure financial and procurement policies and procedures are adhered to, and managed staff do likewise
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly VAT returns for the group and act as key contact for HM Revenue & Customs
- Assist with the preparation and review of monthly consolidated management accounts and forecasts
- Financial procedures - support the Chief Group Accountant and Head of Finance to ensure that financial policies and procedures are adhered to and are kept up to date with the changing needs of the organisation
- Manage and develop designated staff. To ensure that all staff are managed and developed according to policies and procedures
- Manage the delivery of efficient transaction processing and reporting, including core data for use by the management accounting team
- Support systems administration and audit, including the Chart of Accounts and access to the finance system
- Manage the Ledgers, Treasury and other transaction processes and assist with the preparation of cash flow reports and forecasts
- Manage and review month-end finance system close down procedures, including investigation and resolution of any anomalies
- Manage and review monthly balance sheet and associated reconciliations, including the preparation of some reconciliations
- Manage the preparation and submission of Gift Aid claims and act as key contact for HM Revenue & Customs
- Manage the maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register, which includes reconciliation to the general ledger, liaising with budget holders & management accountants over additions and disposals, annual depreciation calculations, revaluation and impairment reviews
- Manage the preparation of the annual consolidated, Lottery and subsidiary statutory accounts and liaison with the external auditors, including:
- extended trial balances for all entities
- draft statutory accounts for all entities
- Manage the audit timetable to ensure all deadlines are met
- Manage the preparation of Government accounting and other DCMS returns
- To assist the Head of Finance and other Finance colleagues in the management/support of the Payroll and Royalties teams
- Carrying out any other activities and projects as are reasonably required
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Qualified accountant (ICAEW, ICAS, ACCA or CIMA).
- Proven experience of working in a similar role for a commercial or not-for profit organisation
- Demonstrable experience of effectively managing Finance teams with diverse backgrounds and abilities
- A good working knowledge of computerised accounting systems and comfortable with systems administration, parameters and reference settings
- Experience of preparing VAT returns.
- Experience of preparing UK GAAP statutory accounts
- Experience of banking and payment systems
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.