“The hardest thing is the end of the month, especially the last 30 days.” - Alphonse Allais.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established business to recruit a Financial Accountant who will be based at the firm’s head office in the Wiltshire area.
This 12-month fixed term contract will suit a technically strong accountant with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience. The successful candidate will also have prior experience of managing and developing teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Management of a team of 2
• Ensuring ongoing conformance and accounting for IFRS16 Leases, taking ownership of the lease management process
• Ensuring lease information accurate actioning recharges and reconciliations on a timely basis
• Work with the Director of Treasury, Procurement and the Fleet team to achieve the successful leasing of assets throughout the business
• Bi-annual reconciliation of the Fleet management system to IFRS16
• Ownership of the Payroll accounting function - ensure that reconciliations are up to date and statutory reporting deadlines are achieved
• Ensure that the accuracy of the general ledger payroll transactions
• Support the senior payroll accounting assistant in production of the year end statutory reports and annual Insurance exposure data preparation
• Liaise with External auditors on Payroll and IFRS16 leases
• Recognise areas for continued improvement and create a controls environment in line with the accounting controls framework
• Other accounting duties and projects as required
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.