About The Client
Our client is a highly reputable, internationally-reaching organisation with their head office located in Bristol.
The business has a vast supply chain and operations extending into countries all over the world, employing thousands of staff and revenues into the multi £100ms.
About The Role
Joining on a 12 month fixed term contract to assist the Finance Director, this role has two key focuses - one placed on the development and guidance of a large team through a transition period, the second on assisting with the business with the transition, and utilising your excellent process knowledge during that time.
The finance team is up to 20 strong, and due to a recent restructure they are looking to hire a 2ic to the Finance Director. The UK SSC FM will manage 4 direct team lead reports, covering AP & AR, Financial Accounts and Process / Compliance.
You will be responsible for a broad range of duties covering:
- The day to day management of the staff, including hiring, mentorship and professional development
- Goal setting and a establishing a coherent team direction
- Approval of all bank payments
- Review of monthly & annual Balance Sheet, preparation of annual budget and ongoing forecasts
- Guide the month end closing activities with the finance team
- Liaising with Internal & External Auditors to assess impact of accounting standards
- Review of UK FX exposures
- Approval of the AR ledger performance and Aged Debt provision
- Validation of AP performance including overdue invoices, supplier queries and minimisation of Working Capital
- Supporting statutory processes including tax and payroll (PAYE, VAT, NI, Pension, P11D
- Play a leading role in the continuous review of procedures across the finance function, as well as extended into other areas of the buisness as required
- Manage KPIs covering quality and efficiency
- Build healthy relationships with business stakeholders through a collaborative and dynamic approach
We are seeking an experienced, fully qualified Finance Manager / Controller with experience managing large teams, ideally in a multinational setting.
Excellent people skills will be at the forefront of your success, developing a best in class finance culture that harbours a collaborative, inclusive and diverse way of thinking, directing your team towards clear business objectives. Experience using large ERPs are also highly beneficial.
If you are interested in this position, please hit APPLY now or alternatively call Giles on 07859 158 989 for more information.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.