A dynamic and fast paced division of a FTSE plc with ambitious growth plans is recruiting a Commercial Finance Manager to work within a newly created Commercial Finance team. In this highly visible role the Commercial Finance Manager will work with key stakeholders across a number of business areas providing sound commercial insight to drive decision making and support business goals using a data and insights driven approach to back up the recommendations and decisions made.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Developing and setting short, medium and long-term targets to maximise returns from new initiatives, ensuring the delivery of intended benefits and efficiencies
- Establishing criteria and recommending hurdles to benchmark product, marketing, sales and digital activities including payback, NPV and IRR
- Establishing and embedding a methodology for appraising brand investment
- Working closely with the teams to support initiatives from inception to completion
- Producing competitor & peer analysis, identifying initiatives which could be adopted
- Providing support for business cases and modelling for potential M&A targets
- Qualified accountant CIMA / ACA / ACCA with experience in a similar commercial finance, fp&a, financial modelling or finance business partnering role from a fast paced environment (retail, fmcg, digital etc)
- An entrepreneurial mindset and thirst for data.
- Advanced financial modelling skills and considerable technical experience across Excel and PowerBI or similar.
- Excellent people skills, confident and credible with a consultative and collaborative approach that engages teams and leaders alike.
The role is hybrid working with 2 to 3 days a week at the company’s state of the art HQ based near Portsmouth. The company offer an excellent working environment and culture, as well as a range of perks and benefits.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.