"Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." - Winston Churchill.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working one of the UK’s leading fintech companies. They are currently looking to recruit a proactive and adaptable individual to join their team in Kent as Management Accountant.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the statutory accounting and reporting for the Group’s consolidated, and individual legal entity financial statements
- Supporting the statutory reporting processes
- Supporting the periodic and year-end audits
- Support junior members of the Finance team
- Preparation and/or review of corporation tax and VAT returns
- Oversee monthly management accounts process, ensuring deadlines are met
- Review monthly management accounts and provide and/or review relevant commentary
- Prepare and/or review all accounting journals prior to posting
- Prepare and/or review balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide operational support as required e.g. reviewing of purchase ledger, banking etc.
- Process improvement and standardization
- Monthly payroll support
- Support the migration of presently out-sourced SPV accounting back to an in-house model
- Support the pool audit and various funding projects
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Finance management as required
- Provide line management, support and 1:1 meeting to direct report(s)
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent) or finalist
- Deep all-round knowledge of operational Finance processes
- Ability to quickly understand a process and implement improvements, driving efficiency and automation
- Good planning, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good team player, able to work with a large, varied team and provide support across the whole team
- Self-starter working with initiative and minimal guidance
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.