“I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.” Oscar Wilde.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working one of the UK’s leading fintech companies. They are currently looking to recruit a proactive and adaptable individual to join their team based in Kent as Financial Accountant.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Good numeric skills including an understanding of financial accounting
- Assisting the SPV month-end and year-end close and financial reporting processes
- Streamlining Investor Reporting processes
- Improving the control environment
- Supporting the statutory reporting processes, ensuring quality and timeliness of delivery
- Supporting the periodic and year-end audits, one of the contacts for audit queries
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of financial reporting standards and regulations, including FRS102
- Seek to improve Statutory accounting & reporting and related processes
- Support junior members of the Finance team and improve levels of individual accountability, engagement and development
- Prepare and/or review all SPV related journals before posting
- Prepare and/or review balance sheet reconciliations for SPV-related ledger accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of the consolidated SPVs financial information to the data warehouse
- Prepare and/or review SPV investor reports
- Ensure that Investor Report templates are up to date according to the funding structure, counterparty requirements and that sufficient data quality controls are in place
- Process improvement and standardisation
- Support the migration of presently out-sourced SPV accounting back to an in-house model
- Support the pool audit and various funding projects
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Finance management as required
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent) or finalist
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, able to establish effective working relationships at all levels
- Good team player, but still able self-starter working with initiative and minimal guidance
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, pro-activity and strong work ethic. Appreciates the importance of accuracy and attention to detail
- Resilient and tenacious, with an enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.