“Effective performance is preceded by painstaking preparation.” - Brian Tracy.
Sheridan Maine is working with a leading global shipping company based in central London, who are looking for a Senior Group Accountant to join their team.
The right candidate will become an essential part of the Group Finance team and be offered clear career progression, whilst supporting the implementation of the financial accounting and reporting agenda across the globe.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the preparation and review of all monthly Actuals reporting (P&L and Balance Sheet) ensuring it is compliant with IFRS and Group accounting policies
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of all consolidation procedures is performed
- Ensure the accuracy of foreign currency accounting transactions in the system in accordance with the Group Finance Manual, understand and flag to Group Treasury underlying reasons for foreign exchange exposures
- Preparation of accurate and timely consolidated financial accounts (including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow statement
- Support the development of new reporting formats and system developments, to drive improved compliance and efficiency
- Support the review of new IFRS requirements and/or regulatory issues and recommend how the business should prepare to meet them
- Support the development of the Group accounting policies, ensuring they evolve with the business and driving adherence globally
- Ensure the consolidated statutory accounts are completed and filed on time
- Support the business through educating and advising them on how to use the accounting systems (you will be a Super User on a newly migrated system)
- Support ad hoc analysis as required by the Global teams, including Treasury, Tax, IT, Internal Audit, Legal and HR
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Qualified and Registered Chartered Accountant (ACA / CA(SA)/ ACCA (or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and statutory accounting
- Experience as accountant/controller and financial auditor
- University degree in finance, accountancy, business
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.