Sheridan Maine are recruiting a fantastic requirement for our Dunstable based client, who are seeking an experienced Financial Controller. Reporting to the Managing Director and with heavy commercial involvement in the day to day running of the site. The role will provide financial control for the financial reporting and analysis of the site and support its continued growth.
As the Financial Controller, you will lead and direct the Finance team on meeting financial reporting commitments to the Branch, Group, and Corporation. In this position, the Controller will work with Branch Management and Group Management teams to define strategies in support of business objectives and will also be responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
The Controller will provide financial planning and control services through a professional staff of financial analysts, processors, and/or accountants. As controller you will direct the use of the site's (ERP) system to prepare financial reports in accordance with US GAAP, Local GAAP, and relevant accounting policies. The Controller will also oversee the ERP control of account transactions and records in such areas as disbursements, collections, expenses, revenue, and income.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ownership of all day to day finance operations for the site, ensuring financial controls are monitored and in place throughout the site
- Act as a key business partner to the Branch and Group Leadership teams in all matters relating to operating strategies and decisions
- Take ownership of the P&L and Balance Sheet and analyse all relevant impacts to the P&L and drive priorities with focus on long-term sustainability, growth and profitability
- Overseeing all aspects of financial preparation including forecasts & KPI's
- Proactively drives continuous improvements in financial and business practices
- Provides financial insight into business operating reviews
- Daily cashflow, sales forecasting, ensuring all monthly management accounting is produced in a timely manner
- Commercial reporting and analysis and providing support to key business stakeholders including commercial and operational functions with key decision making
- Cost and variance analysis in order to analyse operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives
- Provide financial support on business initiatives, including investment appraisal, cost productivity, monitoring performance and key projects i.e. Variable costs management, E&O, SG&A costs control
- Ensure internal control, auditing, and the implementation, monitoring, and potentially modify internal controls within the Branch to ensure compliance with SOX, US GAAP, Local GAAP, and L&P accounting policies.
- Direct inventory costing, inventory valuation, invoicing, payables, and payroll with necessary controls and procedures.
- People development and leadership of the finance team
Our client is seeking a qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with exceptional ability to lead and develop a team and who can be relied upon to take responsibility for daily financial matters and finance operations, with these core skills:
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills with a high level of integrity. Accountable for accurate and timely reporting
- Able to motivate, develop, and direct people. Able to identify the best people for the job
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels of Branch and Group Management
- Able to establish clear priorities and influence others for support
- Skill at coordinating the collection and organisation of data for synthesis into findings that develop recommendations driving the business forward
- Knowledge of IFRS, SOX, US and Local GAAP, and an understanding of financial markets
- Advanced skills in MS Excel. Familiarity with Oracle Hyperion products is a plus (not required)
- Adept at utilising ERP systems; familiarity with Epicor ERP products is a plus (not required)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
Our client are extremely fast paced and have an evolving business model that report into a large corporate based in the US. Ideally if you have worked within Manufacturing or similar and you enjoy a broad role which will utilise your commercial, operational and core finance skills.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on apply above as soon as possible