“Act as if what you do makes a difference. IT DOES.” - William James.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established Fortune 100 company that is seeking an EMEA Tax Manager. We are looking for candidates with strong leadership skills and a solid tax background.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Delivering a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations
• Leading and managing multiple operations of the tax area assisting with the tax affairs of other legal entities in the EMEA region
• Owning all tax areas covering all applicable direct and indirect taxes relating to the businesses including those embedded in operational and trading processes
• Advising on and reviewing employee related taxes including overseas share/stock schemes/plans, cross-border employment matters and annual reporting
• Identifying and mitigating tax risks including managing tax risk register
• Managing tax provision and tax compliance process
• Improving processes by developing or implementing best practices
• Managing and coordinating tax audits
• Maintaining monthly tax balances (current and deferred) and transactions on the general ledger including the management of the related non-USD funding and reconciliation to management accounts
• Preparing all tax papers on a regular basis including disclosure notes for financial statements and handling all information data requests
• Driving and managing tax related initiatives such as Research & Development claims
• Owning the tax aspects of planning, corporate restructuring projects, mergers and acquisitions related to transaction analysis, due diligence and post-merger integration
• Managing implementations of tax planning projects and the integration of target companies into the tax operations process
• Performing purchase accounting analysis under US GAAP and IFRS with respect to completed acquisitions
• Liaising with overseas operations on tax matters related to their operations (withholding tax, etc) and accounting for impact of other entity transactions
• Monitoring legislative changes in domestic and overseas tax laws that may impact the relevant tax positions, including tax accounting implications
• Owning annual update of Tax Strategy disclosure
• Managing external tax consultants and advisers
• Organising and/or overseeing tax compliance training for other tax-bearing entities in the EMEA region, and establishing and/or overseeing a training plan with respect thereto
• Implement efficient group-aligned tax processes
• Reviewing of all tax returns and ensuring timely submission
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Proven in-house tax experience within a regulated Financial Services business
• Ideally top/tier or Big Four trained with an accountancy and/or tax qualification
• Position requires an individual with a minimum of 7+ years of corporate tax experience with multi-national corporations
• Great communication skills
• Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems
• Exceptional internal client service along with the ability to develop excellent relationships
• Analytical skills with detail orientation
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.