“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” - C.S. Lewis.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with a not-for-profit organisation that is currently recruiting an Audit & Assurance Manager. The successful candidate will have the flexibility to work remotely but ideally we are looking for candidates based in the Southwest of the country.
The successful candidate will have expertise in governance, risk management and assurance matters, along with experience of leading a team of staff preferably in a large organisation.
The purpose of this role is primarily to manage, control and deliver highly complex and high visibility audit, assurance and consultancy reviews. You will be the strategic lead for a portfolio of highly complex and high visibility audit and assurance specialisms and consultancy reviews.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Controlling and managing the delivery of highly complex and high visibility audit, assurance and consultancy reviews in
the audit and assurance plan to clients
• To assist in the production of internal audit briefings and papers
• Management of the audit team
• Review the quality of audit and assurance assignments, including the files and reports, ensuring that quality standards
• To perform all elements of risk-based audit and assurance assignments over a broad range of audit and other
assignments for all high risk, highly complex and high visibility audit, assurance and consultancy reviews across a
number of clients
• Undertake analytical, specific research into audit and assurance areas in general and business areas to identify risk
areas, control objectives and expected controls
• Analyse and make judgements on information relating to complex risk issues
• Obtain data from a range of client information systems and perform detailed analysis of the data to inform own
judgements on adequacy of systems of internal control
• Respond to queries from clients and external agencies, often of a highly complex, sensitive and confidential nature,
across a diverse and challenging client base, and investigate as necessary
• Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and client staff at the highest level
• Suggest changes to, and implement audit policies and procedures
• Ensure that key database tools and performance management systems are maintained up to date in own areas of
responsibility (e.g. timesheets/audit report register)
• Represent the company at meetings, conferences, seminars, training courses etc.
• Present information to groups of client and staff
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Possess a CCAB/Institute of Internal Audit qualification or equivalent
• Degree educated and/or significant relevant specialist experience
• Experience of working in a large organisation
• Previous experience in finance role
• A full understanding of professional audit standards
• Specific experience of highly complex and highly visible audit and or consultancy work.
• Specific experience of managing and or supervising staff
• Significant experience of preparing complex reports for Board and Audit Committees to a high standard
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills including report writing, negotiating, questioning and
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.