“Effective performance is preceded by painstaking preparation.” - Brian Tracy.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established organisation based in the Bournemouth/Poole area who are currently recruiting an Assistant Management Accountant. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that offers career progression and the chance to interact across the whole business.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with the production of monthly management and annual statutory accounts
• Assisting with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
• Supporting the preparation of financial reports for budget holders and other stakeholders external to finance
• Ensure all reporting deadlines are met
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Journal processing, including ensuring the correct accounting of accruals and prepayments
• Variance analysis
• Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
• Identify opportunities for improvements
• External returns and reporting
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified Accountant or studying/desire to study, towards a recognised professional accounting qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) is
• Experience of working within a finance department
• Strong all-round IT skills with expert level excel skills
• Ability to analyse, interpret and present information clearly and concisely
• Ability to manage workload and deliver outputs to specific deadlines
• Not afraid to challenge the status quo
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.