“Finance without strategy is just numbers, and strategy without finance is just dreaming.” - E. Faber.
Sheridan Maine is looking for an immediately available part or fully qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with strong management accountancy skills. Our client, a global organisation, is interviewing this week and require candidates who are available to start on 4th November. If this sounds like you, please get in touch now!
Working closely with the CFO, you will ensure monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting is completed and delivered accurately by the given deadlines for a range of company offices.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Determine month end timetable for all contributors to ensure Group reporting deadlines are met
• Produce monthly P & L
• Prepare and process month end journals/reclassifications
• Upload and submission of the monthly Hyperion management accounts
• Provision of a range of analysis
• Responsible for a range of reconciliations
• Liaise with commercial team on any areas of the management accounts under their control
• Produce departmental P & L statements and present a synopsis to various key stakeholders, as required
• Identify areas where costs can be controlled and communicate these with department heads
• Completion of all monthly and quarterly information requests
• Cash flow modelling
• Completion of the quarterly tax pack
• Co-ordination of monthly working capital reporting
• General Payroll reporting
• Production of month end files for sign off
• Statutory reporting and liaising with auditors
• Producing annual budgets and monthly reforecasts
• Prepare different models/scenarios as required
• Prepare quarterly forecasts with actual and forward-looking budget
• Monitor capex spend against budget and calculate profit/loss on disposal
• Seek to improve processes and maintain a robust control environment
• Responsible for VAT and other submissions as required to HMRC
• Assist with ad hoc projects where required
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Part qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA as a minimum
• Double entry bookkeeping knowledge
• Excellent analytical skills
• Takes responsibility of timely delivery to the deadline
• Quick to learn and adaptable to changing work allocation and environment
• Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate at all levels
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.