A stable and established business based in central Winchester is recruiting a part time (21 hours per week over 3, 4 or 5 days a week) Payroll Officer to be responsible for the timely and accurate production of the staff payroll. The main deliverables of the Payroll Officer include:
- Operating the monthly payroll system, keeping to strict payment deadlines
- Liaising with the HR team to ensure accuracy of records
- Downloading HMRC tax codes and processing documentation for starters and leavers, including issuing of P45s
- Calculating any deductions or additions of statutory payments
- Running payroll and double checking variances to previous month and reconcile
- Producing the export file to the accounts system and importing payments into the bank for authorisation
The successful candidate will have a number of years payroll experience and ideally possess a relevant qualification (Payroll Technician Certificate or AAT).
The company have an excellent working environment and offer flexible home/office working.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.